Saturday, 24 March 2012

UDK Environment

I have started building my UDK map for the major project I am working on involving the Mongols and the Ogres. I have built the landscape using the in engine landscape creation tools and have a few static meshes in place inside the map. Most of them are unfinished or have basic textures on them but I want to get as much into the engine as possible so I know its all there and working. Also the lighting not sorted out correctly...hence the weird shadows on the objects and ground...should be fixed soon tho.

I have bots able to run around in it but there are not pathing nodes at the moment so they don't really know what to do other than run towards me or the weapon pickup. I've managed to bake it and turn it into an installable .exe so I can transfer it around which will be useful at the end.

As I'm in charge of the weapon set-up as well I have been looking at getting weapons working in the map too, I have the weapon pickup factory selecting my club, and it hits them when at close range, the problem is I cannot get the coding to recognise the club mesh so it is currently invisible. I'm going to look into this more when I have finished the mesh and rigged it up correctly, hopefully I will be able to get it to work then.

I was going to upload a video running around in the map but blogger doesn't seem to want to upload it, so I'll provide screenshots instead.

I have also been doing work modelling and texturing other objects in the scene but no major changes there, I have been spending most of my time working on my Visual Forms presentation and essay as well as my Critical Studies essay so Major Project has been put to once side somewhat, but I will be working none stop on it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment